VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT THE JEANNETTE RANKIN PEACE CENTER
JRPC is a non-profit organization that works to educate and empower individuals to work together to build peace, justice and sustainability in our world. We have many activities and events around this mission, including a Fair Trade Store at our 519 S.
Higgins location. With only one staff person full-time, we rely heavily on the assistance of volunteers to get this work done.
You can download this form
Or contact us directly for more information.
Volunteers can help with many things at the Center, including:
- Office work
- Building maintenance
- Computer design work, including flyers, newsletters
and other graphics
- Database and website management
- Events planning and coordination
- Assistance with our Annual Peace Party in the fall,
Peacemaker of the Year in the spring or other special
- Work in our fair trade store
- Window and store displays
- Tabling at events to talk about JRPC and sell fair
trade and peace-messaging items
- Work in our library, organizing and categorizing
books, videos and magazines
- Youth programming, including work in schools with
elementary age children, as well as work in the high
schools with things like counter-recruitment efforts
- Posting flyers at areas in the community
- Serving as a Conscientious Objector Mentor or on our
Speaker Bureau for a variety of issues
Volunteers can choose to work a regular schedule or be available to assist on an as needed basis. Anyone with skills and time to give who is interested in volunteering should call Betsy Mulligan-Dague, Executive Director at 543-3955, email us at email@example.com or stop by to complete an application.
We can guarantee that you will find many rewards by giving your
time in the work of peace and justice!