May 14, 2020
Today civil discourse is facing some of its biggest challenges. People are afraid to express themselves without conversations becoming arguments, or worse yet, they are not bothering to talk at all. Most aren’t even listening. This is the first thing you find on the about page of Decency Today and this is a far too relatable statement.
Now more than ever, we must strive to make decency the standard of interaction again. Today is National Decency Day and the ask is simple; remember the importance of civil discourse, practice genuine conversation (the kind you aren’t trying to win), and extend the common decency all people have a right to.
Each day is a new opportunity to meet the world with decency. And what a beautiful opportunity to do so as we all slowly re-enter the world from our time of isolation.
In other news – Starting Friday JRPC & the Olive Branch will be open Monday – Saturday from 11:00 – 4:00. We are so excited to see everyone again!
Here are a few things we want you to know before your shopping adventure begins.
- We are currently not accepting Cash.
- All of our staff are wearing masks to keep you safe and we hope you will too. Darth Vader impressions are encouraged.
- Just inside the door we have a sanitizing station with hand sanitizer and gloves for you to use if you wish.
- We ask that you respect peoples space and follow the arrows on the floor through the shop to ensure that everyone has a safe shopping experience. Skipping and singing “follow the yellow brick road” are optional.
- Sadly, we can only have 4 friends in at a time. Check out our neighbors Upcycled, Betty’s Divine, and Bathing Beauties Beads if you need to wait!
- Don’t want to come in? That’s okay! We can still do curbside pick-up if you need a fair trade chocolate fix or some finger puppets to entertain kiddos. Just give us a call at 406.543.3955.
Betsy and I are eternally grateful for all of your amazing support during this strange time,
P.S. If anyone has an infrared or forehead thermometer that we can use for the foreseeable future it would be much appreciated!