“In every one of us there is a deep desire to connect to others in a good way.” ~Judge Barry Stuart
If you have ever been to one of the international dinners we auction off at our Peace Party, you know what a treat they can be. First for the gift of a home-cooked meal, second for the exposure to tastes, cultures and ideas from around the world, third for the joy of a gathering of friends you haven’t met yet, and finally, for the knowledge that you are supporting our shared vision of peace. As promised, here are the experiences awaiting some lucky bidders this year. So look at your calendars and make your plans for an experience to connect with others in the best way — one you won’t forget! Click here for tickets and more information about the Peace Party.
- Five Friends Italian Dinner cooked to order and delivered to you — by 5 friends!
- Authentic Greek Dinner by Effie Koehn (4 plates) on Sunday, October 27, 2019
The Flavors of Tuscany: Cuisine of the Italian Heartland by Chef Ray Risho on Saturday, November 9, 2019
- Alsatian Dinner by Martha Buser (10 plates) on Sunday, November 10, 2019
- Locally Sourced Five Course Gourmet Dinner from theo Smith of Masala (8 plates) on Sunday, November, 17, 2019
- Guided Hike in the Bitterroot Mountains with Guide, Racheal Zeiler & Lunch at Lolo Peak Brewing after the hike (Group of up to 6). Date to be arranged with Racheal
- Sushi for Two at Sushi Hana. Date to be arranged with Al Gaither at the restaurant
Dinner Celebration of Peace with Andrea Olsen (4 plates) Tuesday, December 10, 2019 (International Human Rights Day)
- Authentic Portuguese Dinner by Sofia Reis at the home of Steve and Connie Running (6 plates) on Saturday, January 18, 2020
- A Turkish Delight from Leslie Burgess, Serena Earlyand Cyndy and Ray Aten (6 plates) on Saturday, February 1, 2020
- 3 Days and 2 nights at a beautiful Flathead Lake Cabin. Dates to be arranged with the owners
- Taste of New Orleans Cajun and Creole Dinner by Nancy Leifer and Linda Andrus (8 plates) on Saturday, February 8, 2020
- House Concert By Beth Youngblood (for up to 8 people) complete with appetizers. Date & place to be arranged with Beth (Missoula area only)
- Authentic Indian Dinner from former Coordinating Council member Srini Mondava (8 plates) on Saturday, February 29, 2020
- Authentic Thai Dinner from Jume Slover and her famous food cart Big Thai Country (8 plates) on Saturday, March 7, 2020
- Beginning Whitewater or Sea Kayaking Instruction with Nancy Siegel (for 2 people). Date and Location to be arranged with Nancy
- A unique, one-of-a-king JRPC Recipe Collection of food from Peace Party dinners over the years!
- la Tour de France from Suzzette Dussault (6 plates) on Saturday, June 27, 2020
- A Week-Long Get-Away in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park of East Tennessee at a newly remodeled cabin. Dates to be arranged with owner
- And top it off with a slice of Pat Cross’s soon to be famous pie!
But meanwhile, you have 17 days to get your tickets! See you there…the Peace Party 2019 Planning Committee