“Preach the gospel…and if necessary, use words.” ~Saint Francis of Assisi
You are on our newsletter list because you are called to preach the gospel of peace, some in big ways and others in small ways – all equally valuable and necessary. Each day we work to build peace – not with bricks or even words, but with actions and everyday choices to share, to grow,to believe others, to forgive, and to be compassionate, remembering we are all imperfect human beings. We build peace in the larger world by making sacrifices for others, by supporting and inspiring each other, by how we react to the news around us and by helping people and efforts all around the world with our time and money.
Thanks to those who filled out a nomination form to tell us the story of a peacemaker that inspires you. We realized that there might have been a problem with the link we sent out. We fixed it so please try again by Monday, October 22 at 5 pm.
And thanks to those of you who have bought tickets for the Peace Part! The rest of you better hurry!! Below is the list of live auction items we have so far for you to think about. We had a suggestion to get some items in an online auction but were not able to work that out this year. We apologize and will keep trying!
- Five Friends Italian Dinner for 8 brought to your home by five friends!
- MEXICO! from chef extraordinaire Martha Buser! on Thursday, October 25, 2019
- Traditional Saudi Dinner offered by Hanan Alomar on Saturday, November 3, 2018
- An Evening in Provence with Ray and Susie Risho on Saturday, November 10, 2018
- Ethiopian Cuisine offered by JRPC board member Hana Meshesha on Saturday, November 17, 2018
- Vicki Watson’s Five Valleys Foodshed, a Locavores Delight Saturday, December 8, 2018
- One Week in a Niffer Stackpole’s New Hampshire House
- House Party with the Drum Brothers on Saturday, January 5, 2019
- Portuguese Dinner and Musical Soiree with Charlotte Kasl and Sofia Reis on Saturday, January 27, 2019
- A Turkish Delight from Leslie Burgess, Serena Early and Ray & Cyndy Aten on Saturday, February 2, 2019
- Taste of New Orleans Cajun and Creole Dinner offered by Nancy Leifer and Linda Andrus on Saturday, February 9, 2019
- Jume Slover’s Thai Dinner Saturday, February 16, 2019
- Srini Mondava’s Indian Dinner Saturday, February 23, 2019
- An Authentic Taste of Greece from Effie Koehn in May 2019
- A Week-Long Get-Away in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park of East Tennessee
- The 4 teenage cooks of SOAP’s Around the World Dinner
- 3 Days and 2 nights at Steve and Connie Running’s Flathead Lake Cabin
- le Tour de France Saturday, June 29, 2019 by Suzette Dussault
- An International Food Journey for Local Connoisseurs Saturday, August 3, 2019 hosted by Nancy and Udo Fluck
- And top off the evening bidding on another delicious piece of pie from Pat Cross
Thanks for preaching peace with us…Betsy